Saturday 22 May 2010

If I Had a Glittery Zebra


I didn't stay up to watch the Leno stream so I was in for a pleasant surprise this morning. Those trousers! Only Adam. Up top with the black he means business - it's a little TfM or a little Satisfaction, but it's a party downstairs. The jacket seems to be a new one, a little longer than usual and quite plain until we see it has a mohawk at the back. Yes, the jacket has a fucking mohawk! He's definitely working that tribal beasty glam. It's the first time we've seen his hair down since getting his sides razored and it looks a little new wave. I like it and I'm sure it won't be long before I love it.



The feel of this performance is very different to the Ellen one. He's more of a rock star here in his demeanour and his facial expressions. He's replaced those joyful innocent-looking smiles with knowing, mischievous ones and it feels more tailored for a late-night show. Those moves of his are decisive and fabulous. His voice is strong and the mix is great although I think he could be a bit louder during the choruses as we lose much of that live quality in the backing vocals. His voice though, sounds so rich and gorgeous throughout. I'm glad he decided to sing the 'Do-do-do-do-dooo' parts because that and the little bit of freestyle dancing in between the structured choreography shows that he's not taking himself too seriously. It's the slightly dorky fun side which we find so endearing about him. I loved the way that he improvised for the finish in another brilliant performance.

3 comments:

  1. Adam always knocks me out! Loved this performance!Seeing him perform this song at the GNT always filled me with joy and at the same time melencholy, knowing this was the end of the concert that I didn't ever want to be over! I could listen to him forever and seeing him live was an experience I'll never forget. His electricity fills your body with a current so physically strong, it's literally shocking! He is riviting and I love his ddorky, little boy quality as much as the sexy, heat misile side of him! Thanks for all of these iconic videos and your insightful comments.I can see what a labor of love it has been for you to write and for us to savor! funbunn40

    ReplyDelete
  2. funbunn40, weren't those trousers amazing?! I agree that we wouldn't love Adam nearly as much were it not for his dorky side. He has the perfect balance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam wore those same trousers at the Miami Jingle Ball last Dec. but with a different black jacket that had leather lapels. My daughter and I saw him at a M&G which was a matter of seconds and an out of body experience. He looks at you like you're the only person in the room with those eyes that are like liquid mercury, soft and shiny. He was sooo tall wearing boots that added a good 3 or 4 more inches to his already 6ft1 height. He is truly the most exciting man I've ever seen in my life. So genuinely kind,personable, polite and drop dead handsome. I can't wait for the new CD, tour and tv appearances that are sure to follow! Love your critiques and am looking forward to more! funbunn40

    ReplyDelete